Sunday, November 9, 2008

Hope Ya Know, We Had a Hard Time!

I just got my conference Ensign and was so excited to read all the talks. I started with one by Elder Quentin L. Cook, since I fell asleep during this one. OOPS!

He starts off by telling a personal experience where he and his two young sons got stuck in a snow storm very unprepared. When they got through it and he called his wife, their 3 year old son said to her, "I hope ya know, we had a hard time!"

He talks about trials, and how many of the things that we are going through right now are:
"of such intensity that the underlying feeling in [our] hearts as [we] approach our Father in Heaven in prayer is 'Hope ya know, I'm having a hard time.'"

I feel like one of the most basic needs we all have is to be understood....
REALLY understood.

We all have that person in our life that best listens, best responds and that we could go to with anything. However, I think the power in this conference message is that even though those earthly helps are available to us, the most powerful source is a perfect source of understanding...THE LORD HIMSELF. When we say in our heart toward heaven, I AM HAVING A HARD TIME! He already knows we are and is there in perfect understanding. If we can gain comfort by those beloved family and friends here, who are all imperfect and fallible, then what are we missing by going to the perfect and constant source of healing?

1 comment:

LoGunns said...

I really hate to be misunderstood.