This talk comes from a fireside for youth on New Year's Eve in 2006. At the time, Jon and I were in Young Men and Young Women's as leaders and went to the fireside. Once again, Elder Holland spoke of confidence and how it can be obtained. This is my favorite line:
"To have the approval of your conscience when you are alone with your memories can allow you to feel the Spirit of God in a very personal way."
My sisters and I were talking over the weekend about our past mistakes. We talked about how embarrassed and ashamed we have felt over the stupid things that we have done. I think this quote applies well here. If we have repented we may still have those memories, but we can remember how grateful we are for the Atonement and its power to heal us and give us renewed confidence.
1 comment:
Well once again you are inspiring me to be a better person. You are such a good example to me. I don't know why but I forgot about your little journal until the other day when you mentioned it at moms. Tonight I started my own for need of an outlet and encouragement to nourish my spirit more.
I just read a ton of your posts and feel truly enlightened and happy. Thanks so much. You are the best!
Post a Comment