"What is in the memory and mind truly controls our conduct."
Do you ever watch something on TV and then totally wish afterwards that you had the strength to just turn it off? This happened to me this weekend. There is a new series on and wanting to see what it was like I watched an episode. Seeing the dead naked woman in the alley should have been the first indication to me that it wasn't going to be a good one. And yet, I was sucked in by the plot and wanting to know what was going to happen. I was surprised to see that all throughout the show they used the F word (bleeped out, but still) and other bad language. At the end of it, I just felt yucky. I guess this show's purpose was trying to capture the real life of cops in South Central LA, but seriously, if that is how the world is, I don't want to know.
It's times like that when I realize how powerful the mind really is. What we put into it in any form will eventually change our conduct. I've decided to fill my mind with better entertaining substitutes.
No comments:
Post a Comment