"[Enoch] believes in his people not only for what they are, but for what they have the power to become."
Some people are natural born leaders and others are not. Some do it by being bossy, or overbearing, and others do it through their love and influence. I think any leadership qualities that I have come fall in line with the first set of characteristics. When I was a kid I remember my mom telling me that if I kept being bossy to all of my friends, then they weren't going to want to play with me anymore.
The leadership quality described above about Enoch is one that hasn't come easily to me either. Seeing potential in certain individual is easy and with others it is much harder. I think discerning potential should be listed with the other spiritual gifts in the scriptures. I am going to pray to develop that gift.
No comments:
Post a Comment