The cold of the winter has a tendency to make me feel melancholy. Add a few sick cooped up kids and a husband out of town and it gets even worse. I took my shower today at 3:00pm and got right back into my pj's. I just
cannot get out of the this funk I am feeling. Am I alone?
I feel like I do better with a schedule, with a plan, with something to DO. Any great winter projects/ideas that keep you happy?
4 comments:
Winter is so hard! It is so cold and sometimes not so sunny with poor air quality. Blah and yuck! You are not alone. In the winter I like to visit and catch up with friends, read Christmas books to my child, color, do small dejunking projects in the house, visit the library more often (books, movies, CD's), and watch Christmas movies. It really helps to get out of the house and visit someone who has children who will play with my child while I visit. However, this becomes difficult when everyone is sick. We have even tried the ice skating rink a couple of times. They have "walkers" for small children to hold on to and our girl did very well at 2 years of age (better than me).
Good luck beating the winter blues. I also get some full spectrum light bulbs and that helps a little. I just miss the sun.
Two things have really given me a light at the end of my blah tunnel. One: every Tuesday, my MIL watches my kiddos from 9-12. It's a standing date and I'm practically jumping out of bed on that day to get things going.
Second: I take an "office night" every Thursday. I totally look forward to both of these things. The anticipation helps me keep the sometimes mundane/insanity at home with the girls in perspective.
Oh, and thirdly: I live in AZ, where it doesn't get as cold as UT. Maybe you should look into a move... :)
I am the same as you girl I always have to have a project so I usually save furniture refinishing projects for winter and organization tasks, with lily I find we are making alot of little crafts lately to keep her occupied, I picked up some popsicle sticks and paint from the dollar store and we have made all kinds of ornaments with them, fun and inexpensive!
People used to tell me to enjoy where I was at any given moment, that's really hard to do when you are in your funk...however it's so true, hindsight is such a crazy thing. I have wish so many times...looking back...that I would have laughed more, played more, enjoyed more. I guess I could start now.
I really don't have any answers, just random thoughts.
Post a Comment