Thanks to my amazing sisters and those that left comments, I am feeling much better. I just have to let myself have a bad day sometimes and not get so worked up over it. A positive attitude can make a big difference.
I was also reading
this and
this which gave me some added hope and insight. I love the Ensign.
There is something I have been thinking a lot about lately and that is forgiveness. How do you forgive someone who doesn't think that they have done anything wrong?
4 comments:
Haa haa.. Your chill pill huh. Well it is always good to have other people around who can help you feel better. Rox is always saying, "there is always tomorrow". I love that.
Tried to post a comment on your other blog and it just keeps getting stuck. :) LOVE YOU
Forgiveness has to be the ultimate lesson to learn - at least for me. As I mature, I'm learning that forgiveness is more for me than the person I forgive. It is about me letting go and moving on to regain my sanity than providing them with anything. Your thought makes me wonder on both sides of the spectrum. I know I've been on the side of trying to forgive someone who didn't think they did anything wrong multiple times. However, I guess I'll never know how many times someone has forgiven me that I've been unware of. Perspective is everything. I'm just grateful I don't have to be the final judge of anyone - including myself.
Frogiveness is one of those things that you never end learning about...read the book I gave your mom for Christmas -The Peacegiver- is helps you see that the atonment is not only about your forgivness but also about forgiving others. It is amazing the window it opens on forgiveness. read it - I know you will love the pricipales it will teach you!
I found 2 quotes from "The Peacegiver" that will give you a taste of what you will gain from reading it -
"Forgiveness is for the one who is forgiving, not the one who is bing forgiven."
"Others don't need us to forgive them. We need us to forgive them. So the Lord in his mercy comes to us and says, 'The atonement applies as much to them as it does to you, my child. I have claimed their sins and taken them upon me. Let it go."
You have got to read it - you will love it!
Post a Comment