#35
My sister lent me this book and I. loved. it.
It was so REAL. Some fiction books have twists and turns that don't seem realistic to me. The timing can be really dramatic (for example...they were going to get married and then they couldn't because this, and this, and this) but this book just followed the course of Sarah's life and because it was in journal entry form, it was candid and honest. It made me appreciate my life and those that I love. Such a good read.
#34
Jon went to the library for me to pick some audio books and the librarian helped him pick this one. Didn't like the movie and REALLY didn't like the book. I must be a cruel animal hater because all the lovey dog talk made me want to throw up. If it weren't for my weird obsession for finishing books I start, I would have tossed it aside after the introduction.
#33
I had never read anything by John Grisham before but obviously knew about his most popular books and realized that they were very lawyer-y (I know this is not a word, but how else do you say it?). I also tackled this in audio and while I have no idea how long the book is, the audio version was 12.5 hours. It seemed like 9 or more were spent on the specifics of the trials, acquittals, etc. I like a good mystery, with the whole court scene, but it just felt SO long and detailed. And they told you who really did it at the first! It wasn't until AFTER I finished that I learned that this was a true story. Well, that changed everything and made me understand and appreciate all the crazy things that happened. But I still don't know if I will choose John Grisham anytime soon.



3 comments:
These is my words is in my top 3 favorite books. I love it.
I have a book suggestion for you: "Goodnight, Mr. Tom" written by Michelle Magorian. It's juvenile fiction and a quick read. The Richmond Library has it. It follows a boy evacuated from London during WWII who is sent to the country and lives with an old bachelor. I'm not describing it well, but it's excellent.
I want to read These is my words. And we grew up hating animals...sad.
Post a Comment