Thursday, December 16, 2010

#39
This is one of my very favorite books.  It was nice to read it again since it's been awhile.

One of my favorite parts of the book is when Jim has to read to mean ol' Mrs. Dubose.

I wanted you to see what real courage is, instead of getting the idea that courage is a man with a gun in his hand.  It's when you know you're licked before you begin but you begin anyway and you see it through no matter what.  You rarely win, but sometimes you do.  ~Harper Lee, To Kill a Mockingbird, Chapter 11, spoken by the character Atticus

3 comments:

Hayley said...

I just reread this too, and LOVED it so much more then I remember. Such a great book.

LoGunns said...

I want to read it again now!

Leisa said...

for some reason that quote brought tears to my eyes. I haven't read that book in years. I need to read it again. Reading is my favorite thing to do. I love your recommendations