Tuesday, January 4, 2011

#41
Thanks Tania for this recommendation.  This story was really heart warming.  It was very easy to get into the story and you were immediately invested in little William.  I do have to say that the ending was a bit anti-climatic for me, but I still liked it.  

So I only read 41 books in 2010, but I'm going to try again for 50 in one year until I get it!

2 comments:

Tania said...

I agree about the ending being anticlimactic. I also wanted more information about the characters after the main story ended. However, I still thought it was pretty good.

If you like history/biography, I just read an excellent one. I got it for Christmas if you'd like to borrow it. Unbroken is by Lauren Hillenbran, and is about an American Olympian who enlists in the army during WWII and ends up a POW in the Pacific. I normally prefer fiction; I read it much faster. This read like fiction for me and felt more satisfying when I was done.

Leisa said...

i read this book in middle school. I actually loved it. I've read it a few times since. I'm always so touched by Tom's love when the mother should have been that way but wasn't. It made me cry.