#6
Jon saw a review of this book and bought it. Deciding he was going to do the program forced me to read it since I was going to have to make special meals for him. After reading, I was sold and today is our first day of CLEAN eating.
I get a little apprehensive when I see any kind of program promising dramatic weight loss, so I went into this thinking it was another fad diet. But it's not a weight loss program at all. It says you might lose weight, but doesn't say you will. It is what it says on the cover...A way to reset your body to be able to heal itself. And you don't have to starve yourself or only drink water to accomplish it :)
A quick summary:
1st week - cut out foods that are known to cause allergies (wheat, sugar, dairy, etc.)
2nd, 3rd, and 4th weeks - have two liquid meals (smoothies, soups, juices) and one solid meal at lunch. By giving your body liquids it allows it to focus on detoxing instead of merely digesting all the time.
After 4 weeks, you can incorporate whatever you want back into your diet.
Hard to summarize, but we have the book so if you're interested, you can borrow it...but not until we are done at the end of February. We are taking stats and will report the results at the end :) We were tired of feeling tired and yucky with all the junk we pump into ourselves.

2 comments:
i've been gearing up for a detox/cleanse diet myself! Planning to start next week...we'll have to swap stories about how it's going :)
I am interested in hearing how this makes you feel. Might try it but St. Lucia is next week...I think I will wait :)
Post a Comment