#30
I have been reading this book for a long time. Biographies in general take me longer to read, but one that is full of Maxwell-isms, is especially time consuming to digest.
I liked this book because it painted a picture of a journey. The author showed that Elder Maxwell was very human, not leaving out his imperfections, but rather showed how he overcame them and tried to be more like Christ. It reminded me that all great people are just that...people! They become great by the little things that they do that then add up in the end.
There were also a lot of facts about the jobs that Elder Maxwell did in his life, many of which were when he worked as the Commissioner of Education for the church. I realized that many of the great things I've enjoyed in my spiritual education have been influenced by this great man.

No comments:
Post a Comment