Monday, December 5, 2011

#46
It felt like it took me forever to read this.  I started it after it was referenced in The Thirteenth Tale (book #36 that I finished in September!) because the character referenced her two favorite book as Jane Eyre (my favorite) and this one.  

It is over 600 pages long, and while the first was interesting enough, it didn't become a page turner until about page 400.  I loved the mystery and in the end it didn't let me down.  Very good read, even if it did take me two and half months!

2 comments:

lacy lee said...

I liked this book, too. And agree w/ you about it taking a bit to get into it. I saw an excellent PBS movie adaptation, which was what eventually got me to the book.

Charie and Jonathan Francom said...

A few book suggestions if you haven't already read them...Glass Castle, Half Broke Horses, (Written by same author) and I just read a really quick easy read called A Monster Calls. Super good and got me crying by the end. Its a young adult book.