Saturday, December 10, 2011

#48
Overall, I have a bad attitude when it comes to parenting books.  I feel like they can offer valuable tools, but no style of parenting it going to be the golden ticket to perfect parenting.  Wanna know my theory?  Too many parents are looking to the outside for what they can find and know from the inside.

 I have been studying a lot about parenting and looking for insight in both spiritual and secular ways.  My conclusion is that spiritual help comes with much more clarity than anything I can read.  Again, while I enjoy getting ideas and a general guide from books like the one above, I feel grateful that there is a source to tap into that is so targeted to the individuality of my child.

1 comment:

lw said...

I am not a fan of parenting books either. However I do appreciate the following book: "Parenting the Millennial Child" by MaryAnn Ball. I think you can find it on Amazon. This book addresses the parent and the child and is based on agency. I really like this book.