Alma 10
This is the first chapter where Amulek speaks. The people obviously knew him and he was a powerful person in the city. He was "less active" to put it in our language, and admitted that he was called many times by the Lord, but "would not hear" (vs 6). He then goes on to rebuke the lawyers and judges that are trying to corrupt the law.
I was thinking today that even though many of us are "active," we all have our less active moments, habits, thoughts or whatever. The part of this chapter that I find fascinating is that the Lord didn't use someone already super strong in his testimony to help the prophet. He used someone that in the past hadn't even listened to him calling. It gives me hope to know that while I don't always respond the way that I should, that the Lord can still use me to help move the work forward in my little part of the world. It helps me to see how much the Lord believes in me and I feel grateful that he would keep calling after me despite my weaknesses.
2 comments:
A common question people ask in the church is "who is your favorite person in the Book of Mormon?" A lot of people say Captain Moroni or Nephi, but I always say Amulek. To me he is one of the most inspiring people in the book. I don't have grand repentances like Alma the younger happening in my life, but Amulek was a regular guy who stepped up to his calling.
That is such a great way to put it Joni!
Post a Comment