Elder David A. Bednar always has the deepest thoughts. I loved his discussion of how we can make prayer more meaningful. It hit me when he said,
"We learn from [Moses 3:4-5] that the spiritual creation preceded the temporal creation. In a similar way, meaningful morning prayer is an important element in the spiritual creation of each day - and precedes the temporal creation of the actual execution of the day."
I used to be really good at saying morning prayers, but since I've had children, I find myself waking up, only to run about the morning routine. I felt touched by the power of creating the kind of day you wish to have by praying to Heavenly Father about it. I know my days would be a lot better if I would make a better effort to remember this.
In addition to this talk, I wanted to write down some of the feelings I had in church yesterday. It was the "5th" Sunday, so we had a talk given by a member of the high council. As you know, these talks are usually given based on a topic that the bishop and stake president are currently concerned about. I was surprised, almost shoked, when they started talking about losing active members. They weren't talking about people who weren't coming to church either. They were talking about the people that ARE coming to church, but aren't going to be able to withstand the world because they aren't doing the things that will keep them strong. It was mentioned that too many times we get COMFORTABLE and COMPLACENT with where we are. The high council member said that if we want our testimonies to grow, then we are going to have to change some of the things that we are currently doing.
This reminded me that while I might think that I am "okay" because I am "active" I really need to make sure that I am doing things everyday to bring me closer to the Spirit. If I am not strong enough to do the little things, I am not going to be strong enough to do the big things.
2 comments:
Amen! We all need to take stock of ourselves. Thanks for sharing.
This is so true! In fact talking to Heather last night made me think the same thing. You both are an inspiration, thanks.
Post a Comment