Monday, January 19, 2009

The Power of the Word - Terror, Triumph, and a Wedding Feast

This talk reminds me that even though the world is in turmoil, we don't have to be. Elder Holland talks about individuals as they wonder if they should go on missions, get an education, plan for a career, get married and have children in a world with so much evil and chaos. He says,

"May I tell you that, in a way, those kind of attitudes worry me more than Al-Qaeda worries me."

Later he says,

"So, in a world of tribulatin - and there will always be plenty of it - let's remember our faith. Let's recall the other promises and prophesies that have been given, all the reassuring ones, and let's live life more fully, with more boldness and courage than at any other time in our history."

The world is in a bad place. No doubt about it. And yet, we have so many blessings in our lives, that no other generation has had. Living our faith, and trusting in God is more important now than it has ever been.

3 comments:

Daryl and Ashley said...

AMEN, AMEN, AMEN! I am living like this more than ever! Come what may and love it! We have the Gospel to get us through!

Daryl and Ashley said...

By the way... I love this blog! It inspires and uplifts!

Kylene said...

Thank you for adding such insight to my own personal study today. I have had such a great half hour or so reading through these posts. I hope you know how great you are. :)