When I was a full time missionary I remember thinking that member missionary work was going to be SO EASY. (You know, the grass is always greener on the other side). But now that I've been home for over 5 years, I've learned that it is much harder than I expected. In this talk, Elder Holland gives some ideas for how we can do better.
1. "Above all else we can live the gospel."
2. "Pray and fast for the missionaries."
3. "Pray for your own missionary experiences."
4. "Speak and Listen."
I think most people are scared to pray for their own missionary experiences. Then they might have to do something! With everything else there is to do, it just adds one more thing. But here's the deal. Think of a person you know, and love, who once needed the gospel in their lives and someone helped them to find it. When I think of these people I am so grateful and happy that the effort was made. I just have to be brave enough to know where I am needed and then do something about it.
2 comments:
Trisha you are such an example to me! I hope you are doing good, I feel like I haven't seen you in a really long time! Are you okay?
My little trip to AZ last weekend has brought back alot of mission memories. Just because we don't wear the tag doesn't mean we don't have a responsibility. You are right when you say "be brave." We have to be brave but also have confidence in our abilities to do what we KNOW how to do. People need us. We have been trained in an environment like none other. Thanks for the reminder.
Post a Comment