"Seeing others pass a supposed breaking point without breaking, going a second mile with a burden they are only required to carry one mile, witnessing those falsely accused persist in sweet patience - there is a clear contagion in such things...One is simply inspired to do more, and his performance is sanctified for the welfare of his soul."
It isn't fun to watch other people go through hard things, but I think the principle here is that trials not only strengthen the person going through them, but also those all around. I think this is a ray of sunshine to remember when things are difficult. As we persist, we also inspire others to do the same.
As many of you know, my older sister just had surgery to combat Meiner's disease. Watching her struggle to do the daily tasks (and wanting so badly to do them!) helps remind me that the menial things are things I would miss if I were unable to do them. Thanks Rox for inspiring us all through your ordeal.
1 comment:
How did I not realaize that what she has has a name? I've never heard of meiners disease before. How is she doing?
Post a Comment