Monday, May 18, 2009

Tid Bits

"Here what begins as a duty soon becomes a delight."

I think the great stumbling block of serving is getting the initial motivation to start. It always feels like a burden on the onset, but the more that is it done, the less strain it takes. It's a learned quality to be excited about assignments and tasks. That is why I am grateful to be a part of a church that asks for our help. If we only ever went out of our way when we "felt" like it, we wouldn't do it very much.

4 comments:

Charie and Jonathan Francom said...

SO so true wise woman!

Roxanne said...

I love that you do this blog. You are an inspiration in so many ways. I don't know anyone who serves others for the "right" reasons more than YOU!

Debbie said...

Perfect! I've been working on how to express that thought for years!

LoGunns said...

So nice to get caught up on all your tid bits. Thanks:)