I have heard a lot of people say lately how they hate it when people blog only the good parts of their lives. I agree that blogs should be a place to share all types of real things that happen.
But I also feel like a blog, particularly a blog that you do for yourself and for your family, should document the good things that you do in your life. I have been catching up on making my blogs into books and I love looking back on all the fun things we've done as a family. It's also really funny to read all my little interpolations of things gone awry during these fun things. So, I guess what I'm trying to say is that my goal in blogging is to keep of record of important things in our family life...good and bad!
3 comments:
I've heard things like that too, and I've seen some blogs that exemplify it. I say whatever floats your boat, do it. People can blog whatever they want and people can read whatever they want and if someone is annoyed by someone else's "fake" blog then they don't have to read it.
That said, I'm such an open book, I don't know how not to say EVERYTHING, and you, my dear, have a beautiful, real blog that I love love love to read.
Trish, I like that you wrote about this. I think it is wrong to call it "fake blogging". What is wrong with focusing on the good things in life. If those good things are happening then how can that be called fake? I like the way you blog because you focus on the good things, you are positive even when you are talking of trying times.
Amen to that sista
Post a Comment