Friday, January 6, 2012

Why Running?

I have noticed many of my friends, family and peers latching on to running.  I was contemplating why it becomes such a big thing for the 30 somethings, especially women, when it struck me.

We need it.

Exercise/personal time/hobbies are one thing that we can control.  Something just for us.  And the time that it gives us with just ourselves is priceless.  It keeps all us 30 somethings sane.

1 comment:

Joni said...

My runs this week were the only moments I had away from my kids AT ALL. I'm amazed that it is something I do. I have been thinking a lot about how weak things can be made strong. Not that I'm a strong runner, but the fact that running was SO hard for me before made it a goal that I really wanted to work on. I never thought I'd actually enjoy it, but even when I'm hurting, I'm glad about it. Especially running outside I find very fulfilling.