Sunday, December 13, 2009

My New Quest

First of all, thank you to all those that have shared their ideas with me thus far. I appreciate so much your advice and encouragement. As one friend put it, comments make us all feel "warm and tingly," so keep them coming!

I watched Julie & Julia Friday night (thanks again Rebecca!) and while my quest deals with food too, I hope to eat less of it than Julie did. I liked her idea though of having an accountable goal, a way to track it, and a place to voice what happens as I do it.

I think it best to quote from my journal to explain what I am talking about:

"Today I managed to down 3 cinnamon rolls and two pieces of cake which made me feel SO SICK!"

"What I have decided to do is a little drastic, but I feel like that's the only measure I have right now that's going to have any impact. I have decided that the true test will be to not have any treats for the rest of the month...like a deep cleansing...I figure what could be harder than skipping treats in the month of December? All the goodie plates and Christmas desserts? But I am going to stick to it. I know I can - I know I will. I need to live better the law of health by being more moderate and I have to start by gaining control of this appetite."

So there. Join me if you dare.

4 comments:

Debbie said...

You truly are your mother's daughter. I pretty much have to do all or nothing with treats...or tot's and fries...you get the picture...sigh.
I have found this last little while that it's hard for me to even want to see anyone because I feel so crappy about myself. I would say I'll join you but I'm not in the right place quite yet.

Rebecca said...

I know you can do it! I will join you at the start of january. I know I will fail If I tried now. SO hang in there and dont give up and I will be there beside you in a few weeks to keep me in check! I also enjoyed our movie! Your a great friend!

lacy lee said...

No treats can be tough! I'd love to join you, but I'm just not feeling it...however, I did decide to go on an "internet fast." I put up all these time restrictions for myself and am slowly weaning myself until the new year, when it will be all-out hard core.

Yesterday, Elder D. Todd Christofersen spoke at our stake conference. He asked everyone what they could give up to make themselves more holy. We're always trying to add stuff to be better, but I really liked his take on it. What can you sacrifice to be more Christlike?

ANyway, good luck with the treat fast! You can do it!

Anonymous said...

haha. I should have read this post before I stopped by last night with all that naughtiness on a plate! Sorry!